Sunday, March 23, 2008

House Call Water Therapy?!


Yep, now I believe we are in a new age, a good one:-)
I have my very first house call to a private home with a water therapy pool for the rehab and healthcare of a loved family dog.  I don't know the story yet of how they came about putting in this pool or whether it is their pool and has been converted for the dog's care.  I applaud people who are able and willing to do this for their dog.  

We know that warm water therapy is a wonderful way to help keep a dog in shape whether they have injuries or disabilities so it only seems right that someone would eventually bring the therapy HOME!!  How cool is that!

I'll update the blog after I get more information and go through the session.  Man, I hope it isn't a home, 6 person spa at 100 degrees!  That could be a problem...........

Update:
The session went very well.  The spa is about 10 feet long and 6 feet wide with a sloped bottom and adjustable jets.  Unlike the pool at Splashdog there are no steps but there are seats at two corners which helped.  The dog is a large lab, approx. 70 pounds, with long legs.  He didn't have trouble getting in but I was nervous about him getting out onto the wooden deck that the spa was set into.  He did really well while I was there as did his Mom.  She had been in the water and seen the therapists at work at SplashDog and had a good idea what was involved in getting some good therapy for her dog and making sure the session was safe.  

I'm sure they have been successful at the challenge they took on.  I am happy for the family and am happy that I was able to be of some assistance to get them started.  What a fabulous job I have!

No comments: