Tuesday, April 8, 2008

To know them is to love them

This story is awesome.  It just goes to show that dogs are so much more than utilities or property.  Any of us who have truly 'shared' our lives with them know this unwaveringly, but there are still folks out there that are ignorant and lacking enough compassion and empathy to see and feel the true nature of these amazing beings.

I like to think that those are the people that this dog prays for.  And yes, I do believe dogs can pray, they can hope and dream.  Not the same as we do I suppose, but we know they can project what the outcome of something will be and that they long for companionship and food.  

When I hear of some of the awful things that people still do and think about animals, dogs especially, I just don't understand it.  My mind spins and I have to allow myself to believe in monsters, abominations that are cruel, incapable of empathy and compassion towards those that are different, helpless.
Those are the ones I hope this dog is praying for.  
Those are the ones who may be understanding in another lifetime how the ones they look down on now really do feel.
I'm only human and that is what I am praying for!

(double click on image to read article)

No comments: